Seite 1 von 5 123 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 74

Thema: Fake Wheels, Fake Stickers

Enthusiast Avatar von Flo2u

Standard Fake Wheels, Fake Stickers

From: http://stickydiljoe.com/2009/04/14/a...ntic-stickers/

Honda dedicated Blog quote of
    Fake wheels with authentic stickers…

Obviously, these are not TE37s, they’re not Volks of any kind actually. A reader passed this along to me and I actually found the original Craigslist ad for it. The seller claims to have originally bought them for “$1000″ and added the typical “my loss is your gain” statement. It’s weird because he stated himself that they were replicas. I hope he really didn’t originally pay a grand for these wheels. If that really is the case then this dude got royally ****ed. Speaking of Volks, they actually have manufacturers now that sell knock-off wheels with knock-off stickers…don’t know what I mean? See for yourself….
    Uhh….Vorks? Ravs Engineering? It’s unreal. [!!] I don’t really see why companies would go through the effort to alter the original decals. Almost seems like it were done for comedic relief or a direct slap in the face to the original manufacturers. Look at the “V” in “Ravs” and the “V” in “Volk”, it’s not even the same ****ing font…

I wonder if there’s anyone out there who actually own these things. If so, what happens when people ask them what wheels they own? Do they actually tell people that they own Vorks?….

I guess Ray and Rav got their cousin Roy into the game also….

Here’s an image from stage-infinity.com of another fake ass wheel with a fake ass sticker. SSP Speedy Star Type C - cast from high quality Motor …Sport and Racing…Power?…

Anyways, back to the fake funkers. Here’s an owner of a set of low-offset Rota Grids who is proudly rocking his Volk stickers. Even went as far as to get the authentic Rays valve stems…Doubt those are real Neo-Chro lugs, if they were than they cost more than the wheels did haha…

This is perhaps the most popular wheel for posers to pass off as real. The wheel above also demonstrates another stupid trend that I can’t stand which is putting Honda centercaps on every ****ing thing. If you’re really trying to pass those off as real CP-Rs, at least leave all the other random shit off of it. Fake CP-Rs with stickers are usually very easy to spot though. The originals have letters painted on, quality of metal is better which means the lips have a better finish, and OG CP-Rs are two-piece welded so the face isn’t seamless with the lip of the wheel. Oh and it doesn’t have the generic rubber valve stems on them either.

Another Sprint Hart wheel that has gotten the same treatment are the CPFs. I don’t have any pictures of it and even if I did it would be very hard to distinguish them from the Spun CPF-G copies. When these came out, posers around the nation began printing the original stickers and pasting them on their Spun wheels. They even put them on the 16-inch versions and real Hart CPFs didn’t even come in that sizing!
    I also have to say something about the VIA/JWL marks and JAWA labels. Alot of people out there will tell you that knock-offs are “just as strong” and they go through the same rigourous testing as Japanese wheels. Uh…no the **** they don’t. The companies that replicate these wheels simply take the mold of the original wheel and don’t bother removing the VIA marking. They then copy the JAWA test labels and apply them to their wheels. You can tell alot of the times when looking at the label inside the wheel that it’s fake because it’s just a bunch of japanese and no serial numbers are present. All legit JAWA labels have certification numbers for that particular brand of wheel. So if it’s numberless and just a bunch of japanese script, your ass just got ripped off. I’m sure knock-off wheel companies have figured out a way to replicate the serial numbers by now so it’s probably harder than ever to determine authenticity sometimes. The only way would be to judge by the quality of the wheel and the finish. The cheaper metals used to create a replica will never have that high polish that an authentic wheel would. That’s why you see more people trying to fake the funk nowadays with the Rota P45rs and Grids. Those wheels are all one-piece cast and usually coated a certain color. The only way to really differentiate those are to look closely at the spoke design and texture of the finish on the wheel.

With all that said, posers will be posers. Some will argue that they don’t want to spend money on the real thing because it’s overpriced. To them I say “that’s fine” but don’t go and put the authentic sticker and try to pass them off as the real thing. You say it’s overpriced and that’s your opinion but don’t try to fool people into thinking that you paid for the real thing. That’s called “hypocrisy”.

How are you gonna bitch about the price of something and then try to act like you own that shit? There are also people out there that say “oh well I can’t afford the real thing and I like the look.” Okay, that’s cool too. But again, if you can’t afford it, don’t try to front like you can. That’s called “fakin’ the funk”.

---

Some just like the style, they dont need the quality behind ^^
    all show. no go.

Standard

niceee write up !

total tiefenentspannt... Avatar von ITR#2313

Standard

nix write up, nur c+p, aber trotzdem interessant zu lesen.
    danke dafür

auf geheimer mission Avatar von Agent

Standard

10kleinethx

still ballin' Avatar von TomT

Standard

If so, what happens when people ask them what wheels they own? Do they actually tell people that they own Vorks?….

MännerSache

Standard

I wonder nobody asks where to get those rims?

Standard

lame !!

where to buy those rims? sounds really interesting :-)
    Geändert von Stealth-R (20.04.2009 um 10:49 Uhr)

Standard

gekauft bei TTR-Performance, heißen Rota Track R, jeder weiß dass es Rotas sind (steht ja auch drauf) und ich hab auch noch nie was gegenteiliges behauptet, soll ich mich jetzt in Grund und Boden schämen, in die Ecke gehen und flennen?
    Fährst/fuhrst doch selber Rotas wenn ich mich nicht irre. Warum die Leute sich wegen ein paar Stickern so daran hochziehen geht mir echt nicht in meinen Kopp! Bin ich halt WANNABE No.1, yeah!
    Geändert von CRX-Jay (23.04.2009 um 00:17 Uhr)

Standard

jo aber ohne mugen sticker

Veni vidi vici Avatar von Oxigin

Standard

Zitat Zitat von CRX-Jay Beitrag anzeigen
    gekauft bei TTR-Performance, heißen Rota Track R, jeder weiß dass es Rotas sind (steht ja auch drauf) und ich hab auch noch nie was gegenteiliges behauptet, soll ich mich jetzt in Grund und Boden schämen, in die Ecke gehen und flennen?
    Fährst/fuhrst doch selber Rotas wenn ich mich nicht irre. Warum die Leute sich wegen ein paar Stickern so daran hochziehen geht mir echt nicht in meinen Kopp! Bin ich halt WANNABE No.1, yeah!
    ich stell mich auf deine Seite
    habe auch Rota Grid und Volk Racing Aufkleber drauf

mir gefällts halt einfach vom Design her und kein anderer Grund, ich glaub manche Leute brauchen halt was zum Aufregen :tongue:

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Oxigin Beitrag anzeigen
    ich stell mich auf deine Seite
    habe auch Rota Grid und Volk Racing Aufkleber drauf

mir gefällts halt einfach vom Design her und kein anderer Grund, ich glaub manche Leute brauchen halt was zum Aufregen :tongue:
    ich weiß auch nicht, der eg4 hat wohl seine Erdbeerwoche (wenn ihr versteht), da spielen die Hormone gerne mal verrückt
    (http://www.hondapower.de/forum/showt...68#post1500568)

Oxi hat da vollkommen recht, es geht einfach um die OPTIK und nicht um Wannabe, zumindest nicht bei uns, comprendäää?

Standard

hier noch so einer

Zitat Zitat von ACCORD1 Beitrag anzeigen
    das sind echte Felgen mit originalen Stickern:wink:
    Zitat Zitat von ACCORD1 Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von CRX-Jay Beitrag anzeigen
    heißen Rota Track R, jeder weiß dass es Rotas sind (steht ja auch drauf)
    du hast anstelle von Sprint Hart, Rota stehen, oder? find ich jetzt net so schlimm :-)

total tiefenentspannt... Avatar von ITR#2313

Standard

^^

10 sprint harts

Standard

Zitat Zitat von panda Beitrag anzeigen
    hier noch so einer

du hast anstelle von Sprint Hart, Rota stehen, oder? find ich jetzt net so schlimm :-)
    nein eben nicht, deswegen machen sich hier ja einige so in die Büchs

Hab langsam das Gefühl, dass ich das Haterobjekt der frustrierten Kiddies hier bin.
    damit warst jetzt nicht du gemeint Pandabärchen ;-)