Seite 3 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 31 bis 45 von 48

Thema: TUV Help!!!! please K20a2 US spec EJ9

Standard

WHICH BUILD WILL BE DONE FIRST????

Eichhorns best friend! e.V. Mitglied Avatar von SPY#-2194

Standard

ITR makes k-Swap a bit easier in Germany/Europe, as it has the highest power already stock. So easier to pass the European law regarding the „110% power“-restriction. You dyno your swap with 210 hp with the tech.-rep. of TÜV onside, you pass the noise test with a good and silent exhaust, together with either EP3 or Jamato catalytic converter (maybe he excepts also HJS cat) et voila, street legal swap. Wheels and suspension you should choose stuff delivered with German certificate (or excepted alternates e.g. EWG cert.)
    That are the biggest stones, laying in the way for a swap car.
    Benutzen, statt putzen!
    "Das ist nur optisch angerissen, da ist kein richtiger Riss."

Der Programmierer der Autokorrektur ist ein Erdloch und soll sich ins Knie fügen!

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER! e.V. Mitglied Avatar von LotusElise

Standard

Zitat Zitat von BLAS671 Beitrag anzeigen
    WHICH BUILD WILL BE DONE FIRST????
    Your workshop? The black chassis, than the blue, than the white ...

Standard

No! For sure first the gray preface DC2!
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Der Programmierer der Autokorrektur ist ein Erdloch und soll sich ins Knie fügen!

Standard

Zitat Zitat von SPY#-2194 Beitrag anzeigen
    No! For sure first the gray preface DC2!
    Black. Isn't it a track chassis already?

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 mit Tapatalk
    Mein DAMPFHAMMER HD-Motor-Entwicklungsziel:
    2 Liter Saugmotor,
    360 PS@10.000/min,
    mindestens 260 Nm von 4500-8500 1/min
    Dokumentation: https://www.hondaforum.de/forum/show...leh%C3%A4ndler

Standard

Black eg5 is in preparation for track chassis. The grey 95 dc2 is boosted b series forged and built.

Standard

Zitat Zitat von BLAS671 Beitrag anzeigen
    Black eg5 is in preparation for track chassis. The grey 95 dc2 is boosted b series forged and built.
    Start with the fun part...it would feed your motivation for the challenging TÜV requirements.

Mein DAMPFHAMMER HD-Motor-Entwicklungsziel:
    2 Liter Saugmotor,
    360 PS@10.000/min,
    mindestens 260 Nm von 4500-8500 1/min
    Dokumentation: https://www.hondaforum.de/forum/show...leh%C3%A4ndler

Standard

Zitat Zitat von LotusElise Beitrag anzeigen
    Start with the fun part...it would feed your motivation for the challenging TÜV requirements.

That is the plan, I'll probably start a thread on my builds, I just need to start taking pictures?
    I'm going to try and keep as much as possible original on the kswap, interior will just be a cage, recaro seats and harness. All energy suspension poly bushings with of course a cert. Suspension and hjs kat. Thanks for the help again team!

Standard

And try to find a TÜV Prüfer first, to discuss your plans and what parts you will use.
    As I said, the HJS cat has a ECE cert, but officially this does not help anyhow as it has been not issued for the K20. Easiest would be to use a EP3 OEM cat. After TÜV, you swap in a better cat, maybe with v-bands. For every periodic check, you swap back the OEM one.
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Roster, Klöße & Bier e.V. Mitglied Avatar von Alf

Standard

I would ditch the ES-bushings for something different ... (I went for a mix of Hardrace, OEM, Mugen, ES)
    Practical experiences over the last years showed, that they are not recommendable in every suspension position.

Standard

Alf is right. Especially for the rear trailing arm main bearing, the ES is a step back. My ITR became completely under steering, due to a concrete rear axle. I choose HR spherical bearings. From the first test drive, it feels like a car again. But will need proper setup and then testing. We will see on 29.-30.09. at Nordschleife.
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Standard

Thanks guys,

Honestly I have never used energy suspension. I just figured I wouldn't have a TUV issue with them. I have always used spoon rigid collars, hard race spherical trailing arm bushings along with function 7 and asr sway bars. I just didn't want to run across any issues if I ran what I am used too.

Standard

Easy logic. Everything that looks engineered awfully is definitely a no-no for Tüv. Try to use ES (black), HR harden rubber and sealed sphericals (also prefer black). Stuff like fancy coloured arms, red bushings, etc. will just activate senses of Tüv guy.
    Maybe we should start a list!?:

-lights - best/easiest are EUDM/German spec minimum for the headlights
    -exhaust - header free choise as it will require a noise emission test anyway, same for catback. All tested/checked in the same cycle, just needs to be silent enough
    -catalytic converter - easiest, use OEM EP3. No emissions check run needed - HJS may work, this depends on the opinion of Tüv Prüfer :/ HJS themselves do not hand out there detailed certificate of testing.
    -suspensions - as already told, choose something with Tüv cert, that suits your needs
    -rims/tires - the same. Choose rims with existing cert. otherwise impossible to get them legal. For tires load and speedindex need to fit the car

From my side (for this time) these are the main topics. And like I said, after successfully passed Tüv and with streetlegal car papers, it will be easier to change let‘s say a cat to a better one, as no police man will lay down to verify. Same for rims in the most of police controls. They just check condition and dimensions of tires and that’s it.
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Standard

Zitat Zitat von SPY#-2194 Beitrag anzeigen
    Alf is right. Especially for the rear trailing arm main bearing, the ES is a step back. My ITR became completely under steering, due to a concrete rear axle. I choose HR spherical bearings. From the first test drive, it feels like a car again. But will need proper setup and then testing. We will see on 29.-30.09. at Nordschleife.
    I might make it down to Nordschleife maybe Saturday. Will u guys just be running the cars on Sunday?

Standard

Friday-Saturday-Sunday!

Very good idea! There will be the core of the German K20-scene. PN me your phone number, so we can stay in touch on demand!
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Lesezeichen